Monday, January 31, 2011

Niira and Tata

http://www.mynews.in/News/nira_radia_ratan_tata_tapes_full_transcription_N113860.html




DATE 7 July 2009 TIME 20:29:07



Ratan TATA: Hi.



Niira RADIA: Hi. You’ve got the media chasing me on Mr Tata being approached for becoming the chairman of the international advisory committee for Air India?



TATA: It’s true. Nothing has happened. He did come to see me.



RADIA: Praful?



TATA: No, no, the current CEO.



RADIA: Jhadav, yeah. He’s Praful’s henchman.



TATA: Is he?



RADIA: Completely. He’s been brought in to safeguard the Boeing deal.



TATA: Oh really?



RADIA: So they put out a story saying that, you know, they’re trying to build credibility right now. I got a call from Times of India saying that Mr Tata has been approached. I said I have no comment to make.



TATA: Yeah, I think that’s what you should keep saying till we hear anything.



RADIA: They are going to run the story in any case because Praful has gone on record to say that you’ve been approached.



TATA: Let him go on record.



RADIA: We’ll just maintain ‘no comment’.



TATA: Yeah, yeah.



RADIA: Yeah, yeah. I’ll do that. I’ll maintain ‘no comment’. Yeah, I’ll do that. You landed in London?



TATA: No I’m sitting on the ground in Tel Aviv.



RADIA: Oh gosh! What happened?



TATA: The plane is two hours late. We’re all in the plane.



RADIA: Oh, dear me. Oh, gosh. Oh dear me. I’m sorry. You should fly in your own plane.



....



RADIA: Okay. There’s a programme tomorrow, right?



TATA: But I think that’s in London.



RADIA: Oh, it’s in London, okay, okay.



RATAN TATA: Yeah.



RADIA: Okay, alright.



TATA: It’s a bloody black tie affair.



RADIA: It’s a black tie affair? Gosh.



TATA: You know how much I love those.



RADIA: Oh, you should have invited me. I could have worn my black gown. (Both chuckle)



TATA: You could have worn your black gown and gone in my place. I hate black tie affairs.



RADIA: I never get a chance to wear my black gown, Ratan.



TATA: We’ll make some occasion for you in Bombay.



RADIA: Yeah, because I have got this Roberto Cavalli gown, which I never get a chance to wear.



TATA: It’s a what?



RADIA: I have this Roberto Cavalli gown which I never get a chance to…



TATA: Is it in Bombay or London?



RADIA: No, I’ve got it lying, you know, with me in Delhi, so I can go wherever with it, but I never get a chance to wear it.



TATA: Well then, you wear it when you meet Hillary Clinton or or whom could I suggest who would be a befitting person to…



RADIA: (laughs) No. I’ll wear it when you next wear a black tie, or… you call me.



TATA: Okay

No comments:

Post a Comment