Thursday, December 19, 2013

Chief Justice of India aspired to be a doctor

Chennai:
He was aspiring to be a doctor but it was a quirk of fate in life that now P Sathasivam is holding the higest office of judiciary.
 
This was revealed by Chief justice of India P Sathasivam while delivering the 156th annual convocation address of Madras University.
 
The Chief Justice of India said that he wanted to become a doctor but was unsuccessful in acquiring a seat through merit.
 
“I pursued my graduation in Bachelor of Arts and it was only in my wedding reception that I was advised by a well-wisher that I should do law and make lawyering my profession,” Sathasivam said. 
 
“As I did my schooling in Tamil medium in a government school, I studied the English language by reading daily newspapers. Then the life took many turns of which I am grateful to my family who always held by my side and now I am holding the office of Chief Justice of India,” said Sathasivam.
 
“I could have never guessed this could happen when I was sitting in your seat. So stay open to new ideas. The most significant achievements in life often come from unanticipated opportunities. Your only task is to grab the opportunity and give your best,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment